Setting UP Google Apps Email for Outlook or Windows Mail
- Open Outlook or Windows Mail.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts or Email Accounts
- Click Add.Google Apps users, please follow the default instructions unless otherwise noted, replacing 'your_domain.com' with your actual domain name.
Many clients will automatically configure the appropriate IMAP connection settings for your account, but confirm that the connection settings your client configures are the same as what's listed below.
If you're using a client that's not listed above, you can also use the following information to configure your IMAP. If you have problems, contact your mail client's customer support department for further instructions.
- Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
- Port: 993
- Requires SSL:Yes
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS
- Port: 465 or 587
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Requires authentication: Yes
- Use same settings as incoming mail server
- Full Name or Display Name: [your name]
- Account Name or User Name: your full Gmail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Google Apps users, please enter username@your_domain.com
- Email address: your full Gmail address (email@example.com) Google Apps users, please enter username@your_domain.com
- Password: your Gmail password
If your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.
Also, if you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587.
Was this answer helpful?
Need to find out what your IP address is? go to www.whatsmyip.org OR ...
To configure the 'Email' app on an Android device for access to Google Apps email, just follow...
MX Toolbox is great way to find out everything you need to know about mail delivery. Just put in...
If you are not able to see your website or email you need to see if it is just your location or a...
We only sell SSL Certificates to existing or new hosting customers. You must host the...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution